Would you like to add or edit content here? Here's how you can have an account!
Here is a list of notable online Freethinkers and links to their home pages. These are the people on the "front line" challenging dogmatic imposition on science, promoting separation of church and state and other important issues.
NOTE: If you put a link on this page, you should also put a link on that page back to http://FreeThoughtPedia.com/ We will delete non-reciprocal references from this Wiki. So please help us by linking to this site on your pages. It's only fair.
Atheist Community Leaders
- Margaret Downey - Founder of the Freethought Society of Philadelpha and a major organizer in the Atheist community.
- Warren Buffet
- Bill Gates - Founder of Microsoft; one of the richest and most generous people on the planet
- Richard Branson - Airline Magnate
- George Carlin - Veteran Comedian
- Bill Maher - Comedian and commentator
- Comedy Jesus - Rational comedy for an irrational world.
- Julia Sweeney - Comedian and activist
- Margaret Cho - Comedian
- Ricky Gervais - English comedian
- Dan Barker - Co-President of the Freedom From Religion Foundation and former fundamentalist preacher-turned-atheist, Dan is one of the best debaters on the planet at this time; he also hosts a regular podcast and weekly radio show.
- Thomas Jefferson
- Pol Pot
- Jawalhar Nehru - First prime minister of India
- Abraham Lincoln
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- Benjamin Franklin
- Thomas Paine
- Andrew Carnegie
- Richard Dawkins - An evolutionary biologist and professor at Oxford University, Dr. Dawkins is one of the highest-profile and most active atheists in the world.
- Daniel Dennett - A popular American philosopher, currently the Director of the Center for Cognitive Studies and the Austin B. Fletcher Professor of Philosophy at Tufts University.
- Sam Harris - Stanford Philosophy graduate currently pursuing a degree in neuroscience; author of "The End of Faith" and "Letter To A Christian Nation".
- Dr. Robert "Bob" Price - One of the world's foremost experts on the Bible and ancient history.
- Charles Darwin
- Albert Einstein - (1879–1955) A theoretical physicist, philosopher and author who is widely regarded as one of the most influential and iconic scientists and intellectuals of all time.
- Carl Sagan - (1934–1996) American astronomer, astrophysicist, cosmologist, author and highly successful science popularizer and science communicator in the space and natural sciences.
- Richard Feynman - (1918–1988) American theoretical physicist, best known for his work in renormalizing Quantum electrodynamics and his path integral formulation of Quantum Mechanics . He won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1965
- Richard Leakey - Kenyan paleontologist, archaeologist and conservationist
- PZ Myers - Biology professor at University of Minnosota, outspoken atheist
- Linus Torvalds - Creator of Linux computer operating system
- Alan Turing - (1912–1954) English mathematician, logician, and cryptographer. Turing is often considered to be the father of modern computer science. The Turing Award, often recognized as the "Nobel Prize of computing", is named after him.
- James D. Watson - (1928—) 1962-Nobel-laureate co-discover of the structure of DNA, identified as an atheist in a Newsweek commentary by his acquaintance, Rabbi Marc Gellman
- Steve Wozniak - Co-founder of apple computer and inventor of the apple I and apple II
Writers & Philosophers
- Douglas Adams - Author of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
- Christopher Hitchens - is a British-American author, journalist and literary critic who is a very outspoken atheist. His latest book is "God Is Not Great."
- Robert G. Ingersoll
- Bertrand Russell
- Gore Vidal - Outspoken critic of the American political establishment and a noted wit and social critic.
- Ernest Hemingway
- Isaac Asimov
- Robert Frost
- Kurt Vonnegut
- Pile - Founder of BSAlert.com and FreeThoughtPedia.
- Reginald Finley - aka "The Infidel Guy" -- was an outspoken atheist before it was cool online to be an atheist; started one of the earliest debate podcasts and spawned a good bit of the online nontheist activism you see today. Reggie was also featured on national television in "Wifeswap" as his family changed places with a Christian family.
- User:PsiCop - PsiCop
- The 1585 - billed as "sociopolitical philosophy for sexy geniuses," this consortium of web philosophers produces satirical essays critical of both right-wing theism and far-left political correctness; strong emphasis on logic, sexual libertinism, and aggressive resistance to a perceived cultural "war on smart people;" name is shorthand for "15% Conservative, 85% Liberal."
- Brett Keane - Skeptic, Author, Musician, & Internet Activist.
- Mark Thomas
Rational Response Squad
- Brian Sapient - Founder of the Rational Response Squad
- Rook Hawkins - Ancient texts expert and Biblical historian, as well as co-founder of RRS
- Kelly78 - co-founder of the Rational Response Squad
- Greydon Square - Atheist rapper
- Mr. Gawn - Rapper, graphic designer
- Miss Lish
- Sexo Grammaticus - auxiliary member of RRS; Lord High Editor of The 1585
- Healthy Addict
Online Chat Rooms
- Pat Condell - A very articulate and outspoken atheist with thought-provoking commentaries.
- imrational - YouTube video producer of the famous "Why atheists care about religion"
- Geoff Mather - Geoff Mather, Ex-Christian video producer looks at the Bible on various subjects, eg women, slavery, prayer, miracles, 10 commandments, Origins of Christianity. CDs available with all videos free of charge by contacting Geoff.
- Humanist Network News - Every episode of the HNN Audio Podcast explores a different area of humanist thought, from politics to pop culture. Humanism is a philosophy of life inspired by humanity and guided by reason. Humanists strive to lead ethical and joyful lives without supernatural belief in gods, heaven or hell.
- Atheist Viewpoint Podcast and Vlog - From American Atheists.
- Non-Prophets Radio from Austin, TX.
- Infidel Guy - Reginald Finley's podcost.
Freethinker-oriented web sites
- Vandals - People who have been caught vandalizing the Freethoughtpedia Wiki and other sites
This site costs a lot of money in bandwidth and resources. We are glad to bring it to you free, but would you consider helping support our site by making a donation? Any amount would go a long way towards helping us continue to provide this useful service to the community.
Click on the Paypal button below to donate. Your support is most appreciated!